This 6″ x 80″ Edge Sander will shift your expectations of what an edge sander should be. The pivoting motor and platen design makes horizontal-to-vertical position changes a breeze, and with 4″ of vertical edge-table travel and the ability to tilt both edge-table and end-table from 0-45°, you’ll have all the angles covered. The 6″ x 80″ belt rotates around a 2-3/4″ end roller for tight radius sanding, and belt tracking and tension are easily adjustable with conveniently located lock knobs.
- Motor: 1.5 HP, 110V/220V (prewired 110V), single-phase, 14A/7A
- Idler roller: 2-3/4″
- Sanding belt size: 6″ x 80″
- 31-1/4″ x 9-3/8″ aluminum edge table with miter gauge
- Edge table travel: 4-1/4″
- Edge and end table tilt: 0-45°
- Belt speed: 3072 FPM
- Sanding belt tilt: 90°
- Graphite coated platen: 5-7/8″ x 32-1/4″
- End table: 20-5/8″ x 9-3/8″
- Footprint: 37″L x 16-1/2″W
- Overall dimensions: 51″W x 23-1/2″D x 40″H
- Approximate shipping weight: 199 lbs.
If you make doors, cabinet doors, and face frames, you’ll love this Stroke Sander. Custom-sand by applying just the right amount of pressure right where you need it by sliding the work table forward and backward, and sliding the 6″ x 10-1/2″ movable graphite-coated platen left and right. When you need a large-capacity edge sander, this machine converts in seconds and has a 69″ long graphite-coated platen. Other features include ball-bearing table guides and platen guides, two 4″ dust ports, prominent magnetic switch that swivels left or right for optimum positioning, adjustable work stops and handwheel belt tensioning. It even has a motor brake for safety and quick set-up transitions. This sander is a real workhorse in any custom woodworking shop. Uses standard 6″ x 186″ sanding belts.
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, 17A, 1750 RPM
- Table size: 59″ x 23-3/4″
- Table vertical travel: 21-3/8″
- Platen horizontal travel: 50-1/2″
- Table lateral travel: 18″
- Sanding belt size: 6″ x 186″
- Belt speed: 3600 SFPM
- Drive wheel diameter: 8″
- Overall size: 98″ x 47-5/8″ x 67-1/2″
- Approximate shipping weight: 744 lbs.
- Table travels on ball-bearings
- Table elevation is manually operated
- Fully adjustable belt tracking and tension
- Two – 4″ dust ports
- Sanding belt tilts 90 deg. for edge sanding
- Pedestal mounted magnetic switch
- Motor brake
Jason Thompson received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Law & Society from Winona State University and the International University Of Ulaanbaatar where he studied U.S.-Mongolian Foreign Relations 1860-1920. He also attended diesel and hybrid technology programs at Hennepin Technical College in Minnesota, foreign ambassadorship courses at Soonchunhyang University in the Republic of Korea and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and attained a positive leadership certificate at the University for Peace in Costa Rica. He has a Master of Arts degree from University of Nevada, Las Vegas where he focused on how climate control was visually framed in the media using content analysis, enhanced weathering techniques that create power and control atmospheric carbon dioxide percentages using olivine powder and Sonics and high-energy x-ray applications. Jason wrote for Diesel Power and The Costa Rica News.
Support Niflheim Media:
About Niflheim Media:
Niflheim Media Places Your Idea, Product or Policy in the News:
Climate control history and eugenics: